A revolutionary filter media made from green glass developed and manufactured by Dryden Aqua. It exceeds the performance of quartz and glass by filtering about 30% more organics. Also, it is bio-resistant and self-sterilizing which means no biolfilm is formed in the filter bed.
Usage: Replaces sand in all media filtration applications
Material: Green & amber up-cycled glass. Optimized mechanical filtration performance with the activated mesoporous surface.
Unique Features: Bio-resistant, self-sterilizing, predictable performance, filtration down to 1 micron (Grade 0), 4 microns (Grade 1)
• Is a direct replacement for sand in any type of sand filter.
• Has more than double the fine particle retention performance of any other media, without the need for any other investments.
• Guaranteed prevention of biological fouling and resultant channeling.
• Has an engineered, activated surface to remove specific priority substances, heavy metals, and metalloids including arsenic.
• Substantially reduces product water oxidation demand.
• Reduces backwash water demand by an average of 50%.
• Provides a quick return on investment, usually less than 2 years on water consumption alone.
• More than 4 times longer lifecycle than sand.
• ISO, DWI, NSF50/61 certified.
Dryden Aqua is one of the largest manufacturer of glass filtration media. As marine biologists, we have a unique knowledge combination and detailed understanding of the biological as well as the physio-chemical reactions in water. This has enabled us to develop and manufacture a highly innovative range of products such as the Activated Filter Media AFM®. Learn more about Dryden Aqua.
The product images shown may represent the range of product, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.